So a few people have inspired me lately to write this. A few people have reached out to me since high school and asking how I changed and what I did in my life to grow and reach a point in my life that I’m at now. I'm not tooting my own horn I have a lot of places in my life that I need to grow in but I do look back at my old 16 year old self and see that I am 100% different than I used to be. So I thought I'd share with you a few things I’ve learned on the way and want I would now, tell my teenage self.
1. Surround yourself with like-minded people,
Positive people. People who are better than you, people who will encourage you to grow and go after your goals. People who you inspire to be/who you want to be.
It will rub off of you, and you will let go of your baggage and you will grow and be the person you aspire to be.
2. Be grateful for the people who have talked you down or who told you, you couldn't.
You deep down know you’re better than that; those people are just shaping you and making you stronger and able to you grow.
3. Not everyone is going to like you, not everyone is going to want to be your friend and not everyone is going to be your friend and that's Okay! Just make sure you like and love yourself. Be YOU.
4. Failure is the process of growth
Your mistakes make you grow, and it makes you better. Do NOT be afraid of failure because if you have a fear of failure, you won't end up doing what you had a fear of doing because of failure, and then failure and fear won because you never did it. Did you catch that? If not read it again.
5. Be your biggest fan without putting down others. Believe in yourself, read personal growth books. Believe in what you want to do, the sky is the limit.
6. Respect your parents, they have your best interest at heart even if it doesn't seem like it at the time. Treasure them and spend time with them. Even if they say something that might not come across as they do, they want the absolute best for you, and they’ve lived just a bit longer than you have.
7. Remember, friends come in for a season, a reason and a lifetime. All of the arguments, stresses with friends will pass. And the ones that are supposed to stick with you, they will.
8. The people that make success is because they worked hard and had the belief in themselves. You can do it I promise you.
So I hope you liked those few things I'd tell my teenage self, I'm sure there's a ton more but mainly just don't worry, don't stress because life is beautiful and you get one shot of this. So stay in gratitude and happiness and have complete belief in yourself that you can make shit happen.